Prep Time: 1 Hour plus overnight chilling
No Baking – Simply Satisfying
- 250g tinned lychees – roughly chopped
- 1 lemon – juiced
- 150g icing sugar
- 200g cream cheese
- 200ml sour cream
- 2 tablespoons gelatine powder – dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water
- 500ml double cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 300g digestive biscuits – crushed
- 50g salted butter – melted
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon of salted butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon jelly powder
- 250ml hot water
- Brush the base and sides of a 12cm loose-bottomed cake tin with butter.
- Mix the crushed biscuits with the melted butter and cinnamon powder, pour into the cake tin and press down with your fingers to create a firm base and chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Dissolve the gelatine by vigorously stirring it in water. Allow it to cool to room temperature before using.
- For the topping, whisk the double cream, sour cream, cream cheese, vanilla essence and icing sugar in a bowl until the mixture becomes fluffy.
- Using a spatula, fold in the chopped lychees and the gelatine in water.
- Spoon the topping mixture onto the chilled biscuit base and smooth it out with the back of a spoon or a spatula.
- Put the cake into the fridge overnight.
- Combine the jelly powder and hot water until the jelly is dissolved.
- Garnish the cheesecake with the lemon jelly, a halved lychee and lemon rind.