Vegetarian Lettuce Wrap
- 1 whole iceberg lettuce
- 1/3 tin sweet corn
- 2 handfuls French beans – diced
- 1 red chilli – deseeded and finely sliced
- 6 medium-sized button mushrooms – coarsely chopped
- 1 handful bean sprouts
- 6 fresh basil leaves – torn
- 1 garlic clove – peeled and crushed
- 2 stalks fresh coriander – leaves torn off stem
- 2 spring onions – finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 10g vermicelli – deep-fried
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a medium-sized wok, and add in the oil and garlic until it sizzles.
- Add the sweet corn, mushrooms, French beans, light soy sauce and black pepper and cook until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the chilli, basil leaves, lime juice, spring onions and bean sprouts.
- Garnish the vegetables with the fried vermicelli and coriander leaves.
- Serve alongside the fresh lettuce leaves.
Bamboo Tip: best served with hoisin sauce.